Front cover draft By Lucy Barker
This is my first draft of my front cover page of 'the sound
of'. I put together my initial ideas to create this draft and once I put it all
together I realised that my house style doesn't work well with the chosen
image. Although I like my image because of the representation it portrays of a
soft gentle but new kind of musician the background doesn’t help the font and
masthead stand out. When I make my front
cover I will need to consider the font style and change it to a font that is
bolder and bigger and change the colour to a lighter purple, darker green or a white. This will help it to stand out more. I like the
way the cover stories are aligned left which makes it look ordered and neat,
however this is not part of the house style because one issue may want to
advertise more cover stories so may need to use font that is aligned right as
well as left. The colours are part of the house style so that means because I
am changing slightly the colour purple to make it lighter I will also need to
change the colours used in the other Halloween issue. I think that the green
works well though so I won’t need to make alterations with that colour. I also
like how the first letter of the sentence of the cover story is a different to
the rest of the sentence which is green; this makes it fit in with the house
style and draws the target audience’s eyes to the front cover. I am going
to change the colour of the font so it stand out more and I will use a black bordering to help make them stand out also, if I need to change the colour of my text i will try and use the house style colours else where on the front cover because my target audience research
findings show that they stand out to them more. The font used for the cover
stories needs to be bolder. It doesn’t stand out enough for a cover story. I
like the positioning of the pug; however I’m going to change the white
background colour to one that is used in the photo to make it fit in more. I
think the lead needs to be a different font to the mast head to make it ‘belong’
to the artist used in the photograph, this also needs to stand out more. I was originally going to have a white
background as part of my house style but because my photo chosen for the front
cover wouldn’t work with a background because it wouldn’t look natural compared
to if I used the clone tool to pick up parts of the ground in the background on
the right to fill in the blue and white parts of the ground that stuck out and
looked rather odd. This is what I am going to do when I edit the picture. We
decided to stick with conventions and have a banner as although the music
magazine is targeted at a younger teenage audience we want it to look
sophisticated and I think that it will stand out to our target audience. One
thing I think is missing from the front cover is an advertisement for the free
poster so I will need to consider this .

This cannot be a contents page? YOu really need to look at the chosen image here- how does this represent your genre of music? TA? I cannot read the font and the masthead and colours don't work well.
ReplyDeleteMiss King