Monday, 19 November 2012

Photo shoot plans by Maddy Ryder

For my first photoshoot I focused on facial expression rather than background/costume, planning to aim towards a 'scared' look to suit the scary/ halloween theme of my music magazine front cover. I planned the ISO, depth of feild and shutter speed for indoor light, to suit the location, and also planned for the fact that I would be using a hand held camera; to avoid blurriness, I decided on a high shutter speed.

I focused more on costume with my second photoshoot, trying to create a typical haloween look with the use of the pumkin. I used a plain background so that I could add my own background later, as I was unable to take the required pictures at the time. I took both close up and mid shot photographs, so that I could examine them both during the selection process, to see which was more appropriate.

For my second and third photoshoot I also focused on costume, using long shots in order to take in the entire outfit. I used a plain background, setting my models against a white wall, so that I could add a halloween/scary themed background during the editing process. I planned ISO, Depth of feild & shutter speed for artificial lighting, as the photographs were taken indoors, and I used a high shutter speed to avoid blurriness with a hand held camera. I took potrait pictures for these photoshoots as I felt they would be most appriopriate for a DPS.



 My 3rd & 4th photoshoots were also for the DPS - I planned to use them and the costume pictures as 'before' and 'after' shots - and appearance was the main focus, as it was important that the models looked the part. For these particular models, I was going for a pop/soft rock genre, so I used natural hairstyles and makeup and dressed them in casual but stylish clothes. As I was aiming for a young, modern look, I tried to imitate the current fashion among teenagers. Using this style would appeal to our intended audience as they would be able to relate to the models if they are similar to themselves. I planned for indoor lighting and a handheld camera, and used long/mid shots to match the 'after' (costumed) pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment