I chose to analyse this DPS because it is aimed at a teenage audience, and we hope to attract 14 - 18 year olds with our own music magazine. The large headline and short paragraphs appeal to teenagers, who wanrt information quickly, and in a more simple form than articles aimed at adults, which would priobably spread over several pages rather than just two. The cut-out font style also speaks to teenagers as it appears less formal, and adds attitude to the page.
The use of the colours black and red against a white background causes both the text and the picture to stand out, while the fact that the picture has been cut ouit and placed on a plain background prevents it from dominating the page. The simpe use of three main colours keeps the simple, informal style of the magazine and stops it from appearing crowded.
The use of red text when using Lily Allens' name highlights the fact that she is an important person, and the star of the article. Matching her clothes with the house style of the magazine is aesthetically pleasing and suggests a close relationship between her and the magazine. As I am planning to produce a halloween edition of our own music magazine, I will also have to pay close attention to the
clothess of the people whose pictures I am including.Although the use of a plain background is effective for this article, I would like to use backgrounds in my pictures in order to emphasize the scary/halloween theme. I would, however, consider using a softer, relativley plain background for the pictures in my double page spread in order to prevent them from dominating the article, keeping the text itself as the main focus.
The use of shorter paragraphs is also one I would like in my DPS, as well as using slightly larger text & spaces than I would in an article aimed at an older audience, which would help to keep the interest of younger people, and appeal to them much more than a long, rambling article.

No comments:
Post a Comment