Content of my contents page by Lucy Barker
As I was unsure what to advertise as part of my magazine on my contents I decided to use my target audience research to help me with ideas. It will help me in terms of planning my photo shoot for photos on my contents page because I can make them fit in with the headlines. A few of the headlines can also be mentioned on the front cover.
Looking back at my Target audience research I can see that freebies was the most popular and gossip and personal information was the least popular answer to the question: 'What do you like most in a music magazine?' this has shown me that I should advertise the free poster included with the magazine but not include any headlines advertising interviews about personal information of artists. The research I did on contents page has shown that advertising freebies in the contents page has become a conventional idea used in a wide range of music magazines from pop magazines to rock magazines, targeting at all ages. This means it is appropiate for me to do the same.
I have decided to keep the number of photographs on my contents page to 4 becuse the research has taught me that the target audiance want it to look sophisticated and more photos would be more appropriate for a younger audience. I have planned 2 photo shoots for the contents page.
Ideas for Headlines and photos for my contents page include:
- 'Exclusive interview with the internets finest, 'Lana X'And then a picture of the artist
- 'Mother of all badgers new and exclusive photos!' On the double page spread I can include a few pictures on top of the photograph which is going to spread over the two pages.
-I can put band names on the front cover in bold so they stand out to my target audiance and make them want to buy the magazine
I have decided to keep the number of photographs on my contents page to 4 becuse the research has taught me that the target audiance want it to look sophisticated and more photos would be more appropriate for a younger audience. I have planned 2 photo shoots for the contents page.
Ideas for Headlines and photos for my contents page include:
- 'Exclusive interview with the internets finest, 'Lana X'And then a picture of the artist
- 'Mother of all badgers new and exclusive photos!' On the double page spread I can include a few pictures on top of the photograph which is going to spread over the two pages.
-I can put band names on the front cover in bold so they stand out to my target audiance and make them want to buy the magazine
This really shows your journey and how your research informs your planning. You may need to reconsider the amount of photographs you use - remember your brief is 4 original photographs. have a look again at similar products.
ReplyDeleteAlso look at the end , you have some clumsy spelling errors in there :appropriate/ audience
Miss King